StaffConnect has so many ways to connect and interact. Let's show you how.
Creating a post:
- Navigate to a "Community" feature. (This may be called something different, Hub, Groups, Teams, Noticeboard, Company News, etc.)
- If there is a pen icon in the bottom right of your screen, this means you can post here. Tap this to begin. If there is no pen icon, you do not have permission to post in this section.
- The "Create a post" window will open. Much like posting to popular social media, you enter a title for your post and add the description, you can also add images and videos to your post. In some cases, you can select a section where the post will appear, if you have access to different "communities" you may have a choice of areas, this is accessed via a drop-down at the top of the "Create a post" window.
- When you are done with writing your post, tap submit. (When moderation is enabled, it may take a while for your post to be reviewed by an admin.) Then your post will be visible.
Liking or commenting on a post:
- To like a post, tap the thumbs up icon in the bottom right of the post. Or if you are viewing the post in full screen, (Accessed by tapping the title or description of the post in the main feed view,) tap the large like icon in the bottom right of your phone's screen.
- Changed your mind? Tap the highlighted thumbs up icon and it will go back to grey. You will be instantly removed from the list of people liking the post.
- To comment on the post, next to the like thumbs up icon, a comment bubble can be tapped. Tap this icon in the feed view and you will be taken to the detail view, here you can view comments from other users and also those who have liked the post. Tap the larger comment bubble icon in the bottom right of the screen and the "Comment" window will appear.
- After you are happy with your comment, tap submit and it will appear immediately in the comments section.
- To delete a comment you have made in the past, tap the down arrow to the right of the comment and select delete. Confirm you wish to delete and the comment will be removed immediately or cancel the action.
- To edit a comment you made in the past, tap the down arrow to the right of the comment and select edit. Make your change and tap submit, or tap the cross in the top right of the window to cancel the changes.
Editing a post:
- To edit a post, tap the down arrow next to the title of your post. One of the available options allows you to edit the text in your post and its media.
- The "Edit post" window will appear. After you have made your desired changes you can tap submit, or if you want to cancel your changes, tap the "Close cross" in the top right of the "Edit post" window. (When moderation is enabled, your post will need to be reviewed again by an admin.) Then your post will be visible.
Deleting a post:
- When you want to delete a post, tap on the down arrow next to the title of your post. One of the options allows you to delete your post, but remember, all those likes and comments will also be deleted and this cannot be undone.
- Tap again to confirm you want to delete your post. Your post and its media will be removed immediately.
Subscribing to and Unsubscribing from alerts:
- An amazing feature of StaffConnect is post alerts. When you post, like, or comment on a post, you are automatically subscribed to alerts. From this point, you will receive an alert each time someone comments or likes the post. (Only the author of the post will receive like alerts.)
- If you have not yet liked or commented on a post, you can still receive alerts by tapping the down arrow next to the title of the post and selecting the option "Subscribe to alerts".
- If you no longer want to receive alerts for a post you have published or one you have commented on or liked, you can tap the down arrow next to the title of the post and select "Unsubscribe from alerts". You will no longer receive alerts for this post until you like or comment again.
Viewing a profile:
- To view a person's profile tap on their name or avatar at the bottom of their post, or on their avatar next to their like or comment.
- You can also view a profile by visiting the "Directory" feature available at all times from the people icon in the top right of StaffConnect. You can choose from the list or search for a user's name.
- When on a profile you can view all the posts the user has posted in the "Community feed".
- Filters will be available if you have access to more than one group or community. To select one or more filter tap on the "Filters" button located next to search in a community feed. If this is not there, you do not have access to more than one.
- When tapped, a list of filters can be applied, by default, when the app is opened this is showing all filters. To view one filter tap on one from the list, when you close, only the selected filters will display. This allows for a great way to see relevant content only from certain departments or locations in your company. (Filters are configured by your company, not all users have access to all filters and this is defined by an admin. They can be categorised differently depending on how your company has it configured, it can be done by department, team, location, sector, job grade, level of access, etc.)
- After selecting filters and closing you can see how many filters are active by the number next to the "Filters" button. e.g. Filters (2). you can reset the filters so all posts show by opening the filters list and tapping "Clear all filters".
Stuck at the at any of the above screens? Take a look at our Troubleshooting walkthroughs!