Having trouble with Chat? Read through these quick tips below to get you on your way.
Where are you stuck?
- If you are having issues with single person chat visit "A. Troubleshoot tips".
- If you are having issues with group chat, see "B. Troubleshoot tips".
A. Troubleshoot tips
- The chat is empty but I remember chatting with this person in the past, do I need to start a new chat with this person and start from scratch? Sometimes a chat may not show in the main chat screen, try force quitting the app and restarting it. Android devices require users to force close from "Recent apps". Apple devices require a double click of the home button and to swipe StaffConnect app away. Now launch the app again. If a restart of the app does not fix your issue, start a new chat with the person and send a message. Your existing chat should now be on the main chat screen and messages restored.
- Still having trouble? Email [email protected] and we can help you resolve your issue.
B. Troubleshoot tips
1. You can no longer find a group chat. You may have been removed by a chat admin from the group and no longer have access. Alternatively your chat is temporarily missing, please force quit the app. (Clear from recent apps on Android, or double click the home button on Apple devices and swipe away the StaffConnect app.) This should now show on the main chat screen.
2. You cannot leave a group. Please ensure you are not the admin of the group, if you are an admin you will need to assign a new admin before you leave.
3. Still having trouble? Email [email protected] and we can help you get chatting.
Want to see how to chat with colleagues and team mates, take a look at our "How to Guide"? View the article here.